I worked mostly on mobile and research projects, both in a product and engineering capacity.
• I joined Google's mobile team as one of the earliest members in 2005
• Tech Lead and co-founder of Google’s user location infrastructure, now responsible for collecting billions of location reports every day from users.
• Led work on v1 of Android network location framework. Helped design and implement infrastructure to enable Google’s wireless and cell tower based location framework.
• Various product and tech lead responsibilities for Google Latitude and products built on top of it (Google Talk location status, Public Location badge, Location based alerts, Location history dashboard)
• Co-founder of elite team structured as a start-up within Google to use location, social and search history signals to improve content and ad targeting.
• Worked on a variety of graph based algorithms on extremely large datasets for problems like ad targeting, YouTube video recommendations, image gender detection etc.
• Co-founder of project to create unified voice messaging framework integrated with Gmail and Android.
• Co-founder of project to algorithmically rank travel attractions and provide an interface for users to build and share travel plans.
• Recipient of the Google Founders Award in 2010, the highest award given at Google.
• 30+ patents, a few publications